Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rational Roast Chicken vs Wonderful Waffles

Today as I was picking up little dude from daycare I hear one of the other mother’s making an innocent comment about her kids being on a waffle kick for breakfast for the past month.  And just that quickly the urning for waffles began.  All of a sudden the left-over roasted chicken and fresh asparagus I had planned for dinner sounds so plain-Jane and boring.  I want waffles!
I have the internal debate the whole ride home.  “Responsible mommies do not serve waffles for dinner.” “Waffles would be so easy.” “There is healthy respectable roasted chicken and fresh asparagus in the fridge that shouldn’t go to waste.”  “I want some yummy waffles!"



As you probably guessed - the waffles won out.  However I did decide if I was going to be that “irresponsible” about dinner then I was going to have to work for it a little bit.  So I went home, tossed Logan in the stroller and we walked to the grocery store to pick up my contraband waffles.  Now I live on the coast in southern Georgia and it is the middle of June.  It is hot, humid and the ‘skeetos and lethal.  This was some serious penance for a few waffles.  

So here is how dinner ended up - Kashi 7 Grain Waffles smeared with MaraNatha All Natural Roasted Almond Butter, a generous handful of fresh berries topped with just a subtle kiss of Kirkland Signature 100% Real Maple Syrup.  And to drink I whipped up my Sunshine in a Glass Mango Smoothie.  It was heaven!  


After careful examination of the various nutrition labels I have determine that with the possible exception that there was nothing green on our plates, dinner actually wasn't all that bad for us.  Yeah for yummy waffles!  The roast chicken will just have to keep until tomorrow.


1 comment:

Songbird said...

Sounds and looks delicious - two very important ingredients of a good meal!